ALL Construction Group Company Campus Shop Buildings
Location: 1425 S. 55th Ct., Cicero, IL, 60804
Surface Area: 1.15 acres, 36,500 sq. ft. of historic shop space
This project required extensive demolition to remove existing product conveyance equipment and product residue from the past owners. Once the building was cleared of all existing equipment the rebuild effort began in full strength with the in house work force. The fast-paced effort was led by exploratory excavations, underground and overhead piping, foundations, concrete walls, roof restorations, pour over structural slabs and new MEP throughout.
The Design Build team worked closely with Louis to layout the shop space to allow for the traffic patterns that facilitated easy repair and maintenance of the large equipment used. The means and methods of the Willow Street shop was thoroughly outlined to enable and improve every aspect of the shop’s day to day operational need.
The individual Shop areas were analyzed and built for maximum efficiencies in operations. Careful planning was done for efficient traffic patterns movement of man and machines with the necessary equipment and materials had to be considered for each shop operation. Sheet Metal fabrication, Iron fabrications, Millwork Shop, Mechanic Shop, Storage of all heavy equipment, seasonal storage of equipment and supplies and tool room ergonomics was considered in the planned layout.
The end result is a coordinated, clean and efficient shop with a place for everything and everything in its place.
- 1931 era Sawtooth Truss building with 100’ clear span
- Mechanics Bay
- Sheet Metal Fabrication Shop
- Iron Fabrication Shop
- Millwork Shop
- Tool Room
- Multiple mezzanines for equipment and supplies
- New Utilities – fire pump room, water service domestic and fire protection, new storm and sewer, electrical service, gas service
- All new Electrical – distribution, high bay LED lighting, equipment
- All new Plumbing – underground storm retention, rest rooms, shower
- All new HVAC – sealed combustion radiant tube heating, Office
- New TPO Roofing Systems through out